Good Swimmer is a web-based events organizing platform that allows users to create and share art events.
Users can follow their favorite creators and art spaces—and share curated “playlists” of events, spaces and artists they’re passionate about.
WHY IS THIS NEEDED?
The need for an artist-created community support structure is greater than ever. Our current methods of organizing rely on a mix of platforms (Facebook, Instagram, email lists, etc.) that are disconnected, mixed up, and do not always have our best interests or even our preferences in mind.
The “Good Swimmer” platform will make it easy for creators to connect with their audiences and audiences to connect with creators. The platform will make it easier for users to find events curated by and for their communities—that they’re actually interested in attending. This increased connection, centrality, and ongoing interaction will ensure that our robust arts community will be able to survive and thrive!
USERS WILL BE ABLE TO
1. Create sharable event listings with images.
2. Curate shareable “playlists” that aggregate activity from spaces and creators.
3. View a feed of upcoming events and save them to a calendar within the app.
4. Discover artists, spaces and lists through “discover” page.
5. Create a “profile page” with basic info about the user, their public lists, and an image.
6. Create a “space page” with detailed space info, all upcoming and past events created, and a public calendar.
7. That’s it! for now!
WHAT’S THE PLAN?